Students are usually on a shoe-string budget but now buying an affordable laptop under Rs. 15,000 is no longer a far-fetched dream. Major brands have launched feature-heavy models in all shapes and sizes to cater to your college needs. If you are looking for a mini laptop for college work, here is a list of things you need to watch out for before making a purchase. If you need help in getting a good deal on your favourite laptops, you can shop on the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network.
If you are a student, it may be tough for you to afford a top-end machine, but there are many laptops under Rs. 15,000 that will do the trick.
Major brands are vying for your attention with a host of feature-rich small laptops. These devices come with ample storage space and processors that are enough for a student’s requirements.
Here are some tips for you on what to look for when buying a small laptop:
Decide on your budget
- Small laptops are available for as less as Rs. 10,000 these days
- You can choose to spend a little extra to get a machine with more features and storage capacity.
- Remember you can get your favourite mini laptops on No Cost EMI at the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card.
Select a processor and memory
- Laptops under Rs. 15,000 come with both Intel and AMD processors
- You need a mid-range processor for college work like project reports, assignments etc.
- Intel Core i3 or AMD A-series A6 or A8 processor is more than adequate for college needs
- Core i5 and Core i7 processors are more expensive and for professionals
Your laptop should have at least 4GB of RAM, while 8GB is ideal
Get a handle on how much space you need
- More than just documents and presentations, students need space for movies, music, and photos
- Go for at least 500 GB onboard storage, 1 TB is ideal if you can afford it
- Storage can be upgraded at a later stage
- External hard disk can is a convenient option
- Cloud storing options are also available
It’s all about the battery
- A long battery life mandatory if you carry your laptop to college
- Look for a high-capacity battery in your mini laptop
- Batteries are commonly labelled as three-cell, six-cell, or nine-cell
- Nine-cell batteries are the most powerful and last longest between charges
- Check if the laptop supports fast charging
Display, form factor and weight
- You must decide between performance and portability
- A light laptop is easier to lug around but comes with a smaller display and battery
- Heavier models come with more powerful batteries
- Smaller 10-inch netbooks can be troublesome to work on for long
- In most cases, a 13-inch display is ideal for work and play
- Larger displays are attached to bigger keyboards, which are more comfortable to type on
- Check if the laptop has a backlit keyboard for convenience
With online classes taking precedence in the post-pandemic world, it is imperative for you to get a good laptop if you are a student. There are several laptops under Rs. 15,000 available today from the best brands in the business. We have listed a few small laptops for your consideration:
- Acer Aspire Switch SW-110 Laptop
- iBall Compbook M500
- iBall CompBook Premio v3
- Lava Helium 12
- Lava Helium 14 Laptop
- ASUS E203NA-FD026T Laptop
Don’t forget to use the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card to shop for all your favorite products.
The practical way of purchasing the best laptops under Rs. 15,000
The Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card is the ultimate shopping platform for all kinds of online purchases. New and registered EMI Network Card users can buy the best mini laptops in a hassle-free manner on No Cost EMIs. The EMI Network Card is a unique digital card that offers a pre-approved loan limit of up to Rs. 4 lakh and enables you to purchase your preferred product without the compulsion of clearing the total product price at once.