In-vitro fertilization (IVF) has been a blessing for infertile couples who are looking to start a family. IVF is the procedure where an egg is retrieved from a female body & infused with her partner’s sperm. Moreover, In terms of IVF success rate in India, IVF results can vary from one clinic to the next. Also, the cost of IVF can depend upon the chosen city and clinic for the treatment. For example – I live in Jaipur. So, the IVF cost in Jaipur is relatively very low at the best IVF center in Jaipur, Compared to other metropolitan cities. However, if you look at the IVF cost in other cities, It may vary between 2.5 Lakh to 4 lakh.
Today’s article will discuss all aspects of the IVF success rate in India. We also provide ways to maximize your IVF success chances. So let’s get into the details without delay.
Factors That Contribute to IVF Success Rate:-
The IVF success rate in India relies upon various factors given below:-
- Age of both partners
- Duration of infertility in a couple
- Type of infertility you have (primary & secondary)
- Infertility reason
- The quality & quantity of the sperm, egg & embryo
- secretory phase after transfer
IVF Success Rate in India:-
IVF success rate range from 30% to 35% in India, depending on the factors mentioned. The global average IVF success rate for young women is 40%. Women below the age of 35 have a higher chance of success in IVF. This most common assisted reproductive technology, or ART, is measured by live birth per embryo transfer. The Live birth rate is the measurement of live birth per embryo transfer.
Most clinics use the “freezing” method, which means that embryos from ICSI or conventional IVF can be frozen, not eggs. The IVF success rate in India has increased significantly with the introduction of newer reproductive techniques, which can help patients suffering from recurrent implantation failures.
(PGS) Preimplantation Genetic Screening, which is highly recommended for pregnant women of advanced maternal age, will increase the chances of successful implantation.
For some couples, IVF treatment may not be that efficacious. However, the Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection, another IVF classification, could offer these couples hope. In ICSI procedure doctor will take out one sperm from the female body and injects it directly into the egg with the help of a hypodermic needle.
Various challenges may affect IVF treatment. Therefore, it is important to undergo screening and procedures to have a better chance of success.
How Can I Maximize the Odds for IVF Success?
- Healthy weight – Research shows that being physically fit can increase IVF trials’ number and success rate. In contrast, obesity can negatively affect an individual’s chances of success with IVF. Therefore, monitor your BMI and consult a nutritionist or dietician before starting IVF treatment for a better chance of success.
- Lifestyle changes – Changing your lifestyle can positively impact your IVF cycle. However, continuing to smoke or drink alcohol can cause adverse effects and decrease the chance of success.
- Eat healthy food – reduce junk food intake and get more exercise before considering IVF. According to research, regular exercise is proven to increase the success rate for IVF.
- Choose the right doctor for treatment – You have the power to choose the right IVF Clinic and doctor. Choose one with a high success rate. Select an expert who is knowledgeable and has a positive reputation. Your success rate will depend on the clinic. The available technology and laboratory apparatus are equally important. Each clinic or IVF center has a different success rate.
- Attention to the supplements & multivitamins – The IVF success rate also depends on how much you take in supplements, such as calcium, iron, folate, and protein. Discuss the appropriate dosage and blood tests that the doctor will perform to determine the proper level of vitamins and minerals in your body.
- Choosing the right treatment method – It is important to choose the right treatment methods for you – Your IVF specialist will help you make the best decisions. These are the IVF treatments that only the top IVF clinics in India use to increase IVF success rate –
Treatment options –
- Laser-assisted hatching – This method allows embryos to be “hatched” by removing the outer layer. Also, improves the probability of implanting a healthy embryo.
- Blastocyst cultures – a five-day-old embryo with a greater chance for implantation rather than an older 2 or 3 day-old one. If you work with an experienced medical professional, choosing a blastocyst transplant can greatly increase your IVF success chances.
You must be patient and calm. IVF is not a quick success, and some couples need to try it multiple times. Follow your doctor’s instructions, eat a healthy diet, and never give up until you achieve your goals.
Lastly, take a deep breath and prepare yourself for meeting with a fertility specialist, discuss your expectations with your fertility expert and ensure that your friends and family support you in making a good decision for yourself. Above given suggestions can improve the odds of IVF success for you. Moreover, relax and be calm and let your fertility expert handle the situation to give you the best possible outcome.