Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) introduced some changes to the Bridging Open Work Permit. The IRCC made changes to make it more convenient for permanent residency applicants.
Bridging Open Work PermitThe BOWP is an open work permit in Canada allowing permanent residency to applicants to work from anywhere for any employer. All this while waiting for a judgment from Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada on their application.
- According to the changes notified in September, the Canadian government terminated the limit on when the applicants could apply for a BOWP.
- Before the changes, the requirement was to apply for it within four months of the work permit’s expiry date.
- The foreign nationals with expired or implied status will also be eligible for the BOWP as per the expanded changes by the government of Canada.
- You may apply for BOWP if you are eligible to restore your status.
- A valid status as a temporary resident was required to be eligible for a BOWP.
- The old rules discarded the eligibility of applying for the BOWP if the work permit had expired.