People should prioritize their overall physical health. If they notice symptoms such as nausea and swelling in the abdomen should consider visiting the best nephrologist in Lahore. The symptoms correlate with kidney infection; hence, it is essential to seek immediate professional help to avoid complications and a speedy recovery.
The condition is commonly known as kidney infection. There is severe inflammation in the kidneys induced by bacterial infection. Women are more prone to suffer from pyelonephritis. The condition requires urgent medical attention to avoid further complications.
What symptoms correlate with pyelonephritis?
The common signs and symptoms of pyelonephritis are:
- The person can notice blood or pus in the urine.
- The patients lose interest in eating and feel nauseous most of the time.
- Recurrent episodes of unbearable pain in the abdomen.
- The urine appears to be cloudy, and the smell is extremely unpleasant.
- The patient feels burning while urinating,
- The person seems to be agitated and fatigued without physical exertion.
What causes a person to suffer from pyelonephritis?
The cause of pyelonephritis is bacteria. The pathogens initially cause urinary tract infection and then spread to the kidneys. The most common bacteria known to cause pyelonephritis is E Coli. However, any other infection in the bloodstream can also cause inflammation in the kidneys.
How can the chances of suffering from pyelonephritis be minimized?
The preventive measures include:
- Consume plenty of water every day. It helps wash out the toxins from the body that may cause infection affecting various organs.
- It is best to avoid using creams or gels near the genitals. The bacteria enter through the urethra that affects the kidneys and their functioning.
- It is essential to clear the bladder after intercourse to reduce, the chances of suffering from transmittable diseases, including bacterial infection.
What complications correlated with pyelonephritis?
The complications associated with pyelonephritis are:
- Sepsis: It is important to treat pyelonephritis, as it may spread to the bloodstream. Once it enters the bloodstream, it can result in sepsis.
- Recurrent Kidney Infection: If pyelonephritis is not treated on time, it can cause permanent damage to the kidneys, and the person may suffer from recurrent kidney infections.
What tests assist in diagnosing kidney infection?
The tests to help determine the presence of infection in the kidneys include:
- Imaging Testing: X-rays help determine; if there is any problem with the urinary tract, causing blood in the urine. Computerized tomography checks the structural abnormalities of the kidneys. Lastly, the ultrasound determines the presence of any cysts or tumors causing inflammation of the kidneys.
- Urine Testing: The test helps confirm bacterial infection causing discomfort and blood in the urine. Additionally, the test help determines the organism affecting the functioning of the kidneys.
What is the most effective treatment option for fighting kidney infection?
To treat kidney infection, the patient is prescribed antibiotics to control the growth of the bacteria. It can take days or weeks to recover. However, in severe cases, the patient may require hospitalization and a course of intravenous antibiotics with complete monitoring of the condition. The treatment includes retesting to ensure that there is no more bacterial growth.
What lifestyle changes help treat pyelonephritis?
The patient should consume plenty of water to flush out the toxins from the body. Additionally, the patient should reduce the intake of sodium, proteins, alcohol, black tea, and artificial sweeteners for a smooth recovery.
People should remain vigilant regarding their health. Individuals diagnosed with kidney infection should visit the best nephrologist in Islamabad. The specialist will help the patient opt for the most effective treatment for a smooth recovery and avoiding further complications.