The process of entering MBBS in Russia is very simple. Russian medical universities such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) do not require Indian students to take entrance exams for MBBS courses in Russia. Admission is based on the grades of upper secondary education (midterm exam). The applicant must also meet the admission instructions to the Russian Medical University such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) and the NEET-UG (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Undergraduate) admission criteria set by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Indian Students Must Meet the Following Criteria to Receive an MBBS in Russia –
- Admission requirements in Russia (MBBS/BDS).
- Conditions for admission to Russia such as MBBS or BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery).
- Applicants must have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and the English language.
- Students must graduate with a total score of 50 percent and 50 percent in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) subjects.
- Applicants must be 17 years old by December 31st,
- Indian students must be eligible for the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam for admission to the MBBS in Russia and BDS in Russia.
Dates and Deadlines for Applications in 2021
Applications for MBBS admissions in Russia usually start on June 1st of each year. The application deadline is from June 1st to October 30th. The entire Application must be submitted by October 30th. We advise students to register early because the number of applications is very large and places are limited. Admission is generally based on the principle of “first arrival, priority” and is subject to availability. Therefore, there is an additional benefit for applicants who apply early.
Academic sessions at Russian medical universities
The school year in Russia has two semesters. The first semester at Russian medical universities such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) begins in September and ends in January. The second semester begins in February and ends in June. At the end of each semester, students take exams. Then they have a rest period: 2 weeks in winter (January 25th to February 9th), 2 months in summer (July 1st to August 30th).