Linksys range extenders have set the bars too high with their wireless performance. All the credit goes to their astonishing features. By configuring various settings on Linksys range extender one can maximize its performance. One such wonderful feature of the Linksys WiFi extender is the Access Point mode. It enables the user to expand the WiFi range in the home with minimal performance loss and dropping the WiFi connection.
If you are also an owner of a Linksys smart WiFi range extender, then we recommend you choose the Access Point mode for its higher performance. This article will guide you on how to set up your Linksys range extender as an Access Point. Continue reading.
Before we start the guide set your extender as an Access Point, let’s discuss the prerequisites for doing so:
Prerequisites to Enable Access Point Mode
- A super-fast wireless connection.
- An active wall plug to power up your Linksys range extender.
- A damage-free Ethernet cable to connect your range extender to the router.
- A web browser that is updated as well as free of cookies, cache, and browsing history.
- The default web address or the IP address to access the Linksys extender setup wizard.
- The default login credentials of your Linksys wireless extender.
Guide to Set Linksys Extender as Access Point
Follow the steps given below to set up your extender in the Access Point mode:
- To start with, connect your Linksys wireless range extender to a wall plug.
- Switch on your smart WiFi extender.
- Ensure that your Linksys wireless range extender is getting enough power supply. For this, check the status of the power LED on your WiFi device. If it is glowing green the proceed to the next step.
- After the power LED on your Linksys extender stabilizes, grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to your Linksys smart WiFi extender and another to the router.
- Do not forget to make the connection precise.
- Once done, switch on your PC.
Quick Tip: To avoid any issue while setting up your Linksys range extender in the Access Point mode, temporarily disable the antivirus software and malware on your PC.
- Open a web browser like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Go to the address bar.
- Type the Linksys extender login IP into the address bar to access the web-based setup page of your WiFi device.
Note: If you have a Linksys router at home and want to change its settings, then use the Linksys router login IP to access the router’s web-based setup page.
- Press Enter.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Linksys smart WiFi range extender.
- Type the default username and password of your range extender into their respective fields. Be careful while doing so as Linksys extender login details are case-sensitive.
- Once done, click the login button.
- Click the Wireless option.
- Select Basic Settings.
- Go to the Operation Mode option and click Change.
- Find the Change Operation mode and select Access Point (Wired Range Extender).
- Navigate to the Change option.
- Change the settings under the 2.4GHz extended network and the 5GHz extended network according to your preference.
- Lastly, save the changes by clicking the Change button.
Your Linksys range extender will reboot and successfully switch to the Access Point mode. Now, you can connect your WiFi-compatible devices to the Linksys range extender’s network to access a seamless internet connection.
Our guide to set up Linksys smart WiFi range extender in the Access Point mode ends here. Let’s hope that you will be able to configure your extender as an Access point via the Linksys WiFi extender setup wizard with ease.