First of all, we would like to congratulate you on setting up a Linksys smart WiFi extender. Now, you are able to access a high-speed internet connection in each and every part of your home by connecting to the device’s Linksys extender setup xxx. But, have you ever wondered about the security of your Linksys extender? If not, then now is the time. The security of your Linksys WiFi extender highly depends upon its administrator password. And, let us tell you that every Linksys WiFi device comes with the default password. It means that if you keep the default password as it is, then your Linksys smart WiFi extender is likely to be accessed by unauthorized users. So, changing the default administrator password is of utmost importance.
If you are also looking for a guide to change the default password of your Linksys smart WiFi extender, then here’s the one for you. Continue reading.
Steps to Change Linksys Extender’s Password
Follow the steps given below to change the Linksys extender’s default administrator password:
- Plug your Linksys smart WiFi range extender into a working electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for the power LED on your Linksys extender to become steady.
- Now, grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Linksys extender and another to the router. Make sure that the Ethernet cable is non-damaged and the connection is firm.
- Switch on your PC.
- Open a web browser like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Make sure that it is updated and is free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Move the cursor to the address bar of the web browser.
- Type the default web address or IP address of the Linksys extender into it.
- Thereafter, press the Enter key.
- You’ll be prompted to log in to your Linksys range extender.
- Type the default admin details of your WiFi device into their respective fields.
- Click the login button after entering the required details.
- On the Linksys extender setup wizard, navigate to the Administration menu.
- Click the Management option.
- Enter the new administrator password of your choice into the Extender Password field.
- Verify the password by typing it into the Re-enter to confirm field.
- Finally, click the Save button.
In this way, you can change the default administrator password of your Linksys smart WiFi extender. So, next time you log in to your WiFi device, consider using the new password.
Caution: Do not turn off your Linksys range extender or refresh the web browser while changing the administrator password. Or it may interrupt the process.
Changing the password is important, but the quintessential thing is that it should be strong enough to prevent your Linksys extender from being accessed by anyone. So, consider the following points to set a strong administrator password for your Linksys range extender:
Tips for Strong Linksys Administrator Password
- The Linksys administrator password should be a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Do not set Linksys administrator password the same as the one you’ve set for another account.
- Avoid using personal details like your name, spouse’s name, pet’s name, phone number, date of birth, etc. as the administrator password of your Linksys extender.
- Do not use sequential numbers (1234) or alphabets (abcd) as Linksys extender’s password.
- Make sure that your Linksys extender’s administrator password does not comprise of memorable keyboard paths like qwerty or [email protected]#$.
- Use a difficult yet easy-to-remember password for your Linksys smart WiFi range extender.
In this dynamic world, having access to high-speed internet is essential. But, the security of your Linksys extender matters a lot. Let’s hope that the aforementioned guide will help you in securing your Linksys range extender by setting a strong administrator password.
Read More:- Linksys Router Red Light Issue