If you are looking for a way to access a blazing-fast and seamless internet connection in every nook and cranny of your house, then it is recommended that you perform a Linksys router setup. Setting up a Linksys wireless router will help you access the internet even in the dead zones. In simple words, regardless of where you’re sitting inside your house, you won’t have to worry about not being able to connect to the internet.
In this article, we have talked about how to perform Linksys router setup. So, walk through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below and learn how to configure a router.
Instructions to Perform Linksys Router Setup
- Start by unboxing your Linksys wireless router. Ensure that no part gets damaged.
- Plug your Linksys router into a wall outlet and power the device up.
- Wait patiently for the LED to become solid green.
- Once the LED on your device turns green, connect your Linksys wireless router to the existing modem.
- You can either connect your devices wirelessly or use an Ethernet cable. The choice is completely yours.
- Once a strong connection between your wireless devices has been established, open your computer or laptop.
- Launch an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type the default web address of the router, and press the Enter key.
- The Linksys router login page will come into view.
- When prompted, fill in the default username and password, and click Log In.
- Next, select the Manual radio button and enter the required security details.
- Once done with it, click the network you wish to expand and hit Save.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to perform Linksys router set up in a hassle-free manner. Although setting up a Linksys router is not difficult, however, if you get stuck at any point, follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
Facing Issues While Performing Linksys Router Setup?
The below-given troubleshooting tips will surely help you fix whatever issues you’re facing during the Linksys router setup process:
- Make sure that your Linksys wireless router is getting an adequate power supply from the wall outlet.
- The connection between your Linksys WiFi router and the existing modem should be stable. If you’ve connected your devices using an Ethernet cable, ensure that it is free of damages.
- Be careful while entering the default web address in the address bar of your internet browser. Along with that, make sure that the web browser you are using to log in to your Linksys router is running on an updated version.
- If required, clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your internet browser.
- If you are not sure regarding the default username and password of your Linksys router, then it is recommended that you refer to the user manual. Starting from small to big, you’ll find every detail regarding your wireless device in there.
- Avoid placing your Linksys router near mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminium studs, cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, treadmills, televisions, etc. Also, do not place your router near thick concrete walls and in corners.
- Sometimes, a weak internet connection can cause issues during the Linksys router setup process. Thus, make sure that everything is okay from the side of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Our guide to perform Linksys router setup and troubleshooting the issues faced during the process has come to an end here. Here’s to hope that after following the guidelines mentioned in this post, you’ll be able to easily perform Linksys router setup and access a blazing-fast internet connection in your home.
Not just that, but you’ve successfully set up a wireless router in your home, then you are also free to say goodbye to dead zones.
Note: If you are not satisfied with the performance of the router, consider bringing an extender in your home and performing a Linksys WiFi extender setup.